This page offers a collection of interview questions that might be asked to a general manager.
Job Interview Questions for General Managers
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- How do you handle difficult situations where marketing and sales disagree about a strategy?
- What was your biggest achievement as a general manager?
- Describe how you would go about improving our customer service team
- You’re a general manager at a large company. What would you consider to be your biggest accomplishment as a general manager?
- Tell me about the most challenging problem you’ve faced as a general manager and how you overcame it.
- What are some of the key things you do on a day-to-day basis?
- How would you define your leadership style?
- What would you do in the event of an employee going rogue?
- What are some of the qualities of a good general manager?
- What were some of the greatest challenges you faced in your previous role?
- What are your thoughts on how a general manager should communicate with their team?
- How would you handle a situation where one of your direct reports is not performing up to expectations
- How would you go about gathering feedback from your team members?